To a Heartbroken Soul

Dragging myself into
the kitchen a post-it
stuck to the refrigerator

I’m leaving.
I’m leaving.
I’m leaving.

You can see it by
the way my eyes fill
with salty tears
clinging to my lashes

Faking
a hard expression
seeming to move on
I miss you already

mrsexiers said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:12 pm:
great poem good for memory

musicalmolly said...
Everything you write is perfection. This poem was so simple, yet so powerful at the same time. I loved the repetition of, "I'm leaving." I also loved the very last line, "I miss you already." This poem was so heartfelt and wonderful. This is truly a work of art, amazing job.

AceOfAngels said...
I liked this poem a lot. It was simple, yet I really understood what you were trying to say. I liked when it repeats "I'm leaving." It was almost as if, it had to be repeated to let the message sink in. I can understand the feeling of having to put on a hard mask to stop everyone else from seeing how you are not okay. The description of the tears clinging to the lashes was great. I can really picture it. This was a great piece, please write more.

Likethesunrise said...
This is beautiful, I love it. There is nothing too short about it. In my opinion shorter poems are more powerful, because they show emotion in less words. This is a great example of that. I can definately relate to this piece.

josika said...
Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:53 am:
hey! i like the flow of the poem a lot. keep it up!

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Vivid, once, twice, thrice again :) There is nothing too short about this, it does it's very own job well and then some.

EtherealThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 30, 2011 at 7:51 am:
I'd have to say- I didn't really understand it- something about a post-it note that says' you're leaving? I don't know who's leaving, but it still conveys sadness, it should be a little longer I think, and it sort of left me confused

Bambi67 said...
Dec. 30, 2011 at 12:11 am:
i found it too short, but really good. the tittle grab me right away...

Jappyalldayeveryday said...
It's well written but didn't really grab me

ms.nerdaliciousThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I liked it! Although I found it somewhat hard to understand what exactly was going on, but (if done right) that can be a good writing technique. but remember, don't overdo it! orelse, the reader will walk away completely confused. great job though! keep it up!