To a Heartbroken Soul

Dragging myself into
the kitchen a post-it
stuck to the refrigerator

I’m leaving.
I’m leaving.
I’m leaving.

You can see it by
the way my eyes fill
with salty tears
clinging to my lashes

Faking
a hard expression
seeming to move on
I miss you already

mrsexiers said...
great poem good for memory

musicalmolly said...
Everything you write is perfection. This poem was so simple, yet so powerful at the same time. I loved the repetition of, "I'm leaving." I also loved the very last line, "I miss you already." This poem was so heartfelt and wonderful. This is truly a work of art, amazing job.

AceOfAngels said...
I liked this poem a lot. It was simple, yet I really understood what you were trying to say. I liked when it repeats "I'm leaving." It was almost as if, it had to be repeated to let the message sink in. I can understand the feeling of having to put on a hard mask to stop everyone else from seeing how you are not okay. The description of the tears clinging to the lashes was great. I can really picture it. This was a great piece, please write more.

Likethesunrise said...
This is beautiful, I love it. There is nothing too short about it. In my opinion shorter poems are more powerful, because they show emotion in less words. This is a great example of that. I can definately relate to this piece.

josika said...
Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:53 am
hey! i like the flow of the poem a lot. keep it up!

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Vivid, once, twice, thrice again :) There is nothing too short about this, it does it's very own job well and then some.

Ethereal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 30, 2011 at 7:51 am
I'd have to say- I didn't really understand it- something about a post-it note that says' you're leaving? I don't know who's leaving, but it still conveys sadness, it should be a little longer I think, and it sort of left me confused

Bambi67 said...
Dec. 30, 2011 at 12:11 am
i found it too short, but really good. the tittle grab me right away...

Jappyalldayeveryday said...
It's well written but didn't really grab me

ms.nerdalicious said...
I liked it! Although I found it somewhat hard to understand what exactly was going on, but (if done right) that can be a good writing technique. but remember, don't overdo it! orelse, the reader will walk away completely confused. great job though! keep it up!