Ashes to Ashes (devotional) | Teen Ink

Ashes to Ashes (devotional)

By Ahale GOLD, Scottsville, Virginia
Ahale GOLD, Scottsville, Virginia

The future is unwritten. Yet, authored by the past. Our choices create what is soon to come, from our past to future. We cannot see the future, but dwelling on the past will strand us. Wait in the present until Present becomes past and future, present

In the end I guess I had to fall, because one day I had everything and the next I lost it all. But in the beginning it wasn't like that, out of nowhere you walked onto my life's door mat. I took a chance and let you in, then you set me on for a violent spin. I liked the ride and craved for more, you spun me harder and locked the door. Now I'm in my cell, planning, lying, and down the hall your waiting, your time your biding. I try to break out I try to break free, but I'm stuck in limbo, I cant let go of me. He makes his rounds as time passes, looks in the room and always finds me among the ashes. Ashes...Ash. I waste no time and let none stand left, farther own to hellish depth. I'm down the hall, now in the room. I see torture, whips and lashes, and among it all. I still see Ashes.

Devoted to the young miss Ashley Davis.