Smoothie Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The girl at the smoothie stand is at it again.
Stripping down half a dozen barely ripe bananas,
Drenching them in juice and sweet nectar,
Rocketing ice down afterward.
She flicks the switch and commences the tempest.

The chunks shake and splat against the thin ­plastic walls.
Scuffling for a spot from which to peer out
As their souls are shredded from them, their brothers destroyed.
The frowning blueberries squish to puce mush
Now part of a whole.

What fun it must be, to render such a turmoil.
She knows it well, standing by the pool in her barely-there bikini,
Like her boss has suggested will up their sales.
Tearing up the boys like the fruit from the trees.
All for minimum wage.

Sarah_Oso This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow...such excellence. A real talent you got there. :) This is one of my favorites.  

originalityisdeadd said...
Wow, this is awesome. I love the comparison and personification of the fruit c:

stellablue said...
Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:09 am
This paints a vivid picture. Well done!

Katie-jo said...
Very unique! I loved it!

increaseyourpace This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you!

WareHitoriarukiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
For such a simple premise, the vocabulary you used really brings this piece to life.  The imagery is vivid and bright, well done!

Thanks so much!

saranova_92 said...
Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:38 am
great imagery, I'll never look at a fruit smoothie the same way again!

Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:04 am
Thank you! c:

Black_Rose_Princess said...
Wonderfully written! I love how you gave the fruit feelings and life...makes me feel a bit regretful for drinking smoothies

Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:03 am
Haha thank you! But don't feel bad, I'm downing a peach mango one as I type this! However, I made it in my Star Wars PJs, not a skimpy bikini~

IMAdreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
well written!! hey will u please check out my work! id love some feedback

Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:02 am
Thanks, and sure, I will as soon as I can!

AsIAm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:28 am
Love this! Really nice job :D

Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:56 am
Thank you so much!

Aduke9 said...
Wow.  

Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:59 am
Thanks. I think? Hahah c:

Aduke9 replied...
It was a compliment :)

NikkiJA This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is fantastic! =]

Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:57 am
Thank you so much!