Wishing for Amnesia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Memories marred by the attempts to delete them,
She doesn’t know what really happened anymore.
The Incident becomes incidents become “it happens all the time.”
Now all she knows
Is that it happens all the time.

Denial becomes excuses becomes I’m sorrys and
“What do you want me to do?”
It’s too late. She’s already afraid.

Afraid to be pitied,
She clutches her teddy bear, swallows her tears
And allows them to read her a story.

hmmm.. said...
Jul. 18, 2010 at 3:26 am:
okay.. this is just my personal opinion.. i think the poem is good in meaning but is not well written at all.. I mean, it seems like somewhat an amateur composition.. this is just a piece of advice.. if you will write something, put your heart into it.. writers are called writers not just because they write but because they were artistic enough to do so.. again.. this is just my opinion.. try to read other compositions and you might have an idea on what i really mean.. accept critic... (more »)

the people live here replied...
Jul. 18, 2010 at 8:27 pm :

Ummm, i think you need to look closer into this piece and find the emotion and voice the author put into this piece ,because it's there.  Aside from that, it is very well written.

ashleykayy. said...
Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:51 pm:
 its simple but complicated,i love it.

CommonSense7 said...
Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:48 pm:
Wow, this is absolutely amazing! It could become beautiful lyrics if you wanted them to be. Don't ever stop writing. This is beautiful. =)

Nikki_13 said...
Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:29 pm:
its beautiful, realy, truly beautiful. And I totaly get that part "Afraid to be pitied". whats worse that getting abused, and then having people give you those im-so-sorry-for-you faces? KEEP WRITING!!

Chelsea said...
Jun. 23, 2010 at 8:15 pm:
This is beautiful in its own way. Its not understanding, being that you don't realy know what the emotions are directed twords. But it shows great hope! With some study of other wrightings, the wrighter could really make some great peices.

writer said...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 11:31 am:
the message this poem communicates is very conventional and almost cliche. The style in which it was written is ameuture. 

Nikki_13 replied...
Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:30 pm :
lets see you do better.

writer replied...
Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:04 pm :

i'm sorry if you felt as though I was degrading this poem, but everyone's personal approach to anything is subjective. please try to be more open-minded. that was just my opinion. and it just so happens that mine differs from yours. 

-Bridgette

Nikki_13 replied...
Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:09 pm :
I suppose your right, but all the same. the reactions people have all depends on how you word your opinion, and from my point of view the wording was openly insulting the poem and, in extent, the poet.

Listen said...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:51 pm:
i love it its easy to relate to

Aelita said...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:21 pm:
This poem is interesting, but it doesn't give enough information to be really understand, if anyone can explain, please do!

CSHCSH This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:27 am :
same here.. i dont really get the meaning though...

Sarahj11235 replied...
Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:18 am :
The poem is about the domestic abuse of either a women or alittle girl, its supposed to be confsing like that because it adds the emotion and mystery of not really knowing

Sarahj11235 replied...
Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:20 am :
Basically th girl/women wishes for amnesia to make her forget about all the beatings she's had to endure

Aelita replied...
Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:59 pm :
Thanks for explaining, that's an interesting perspective.

critic said...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 4:02 pm:

honestly, i find this very ameuture. many people attempt to write poetry, but you need to write with your heart, not with the mind. you can't overthink it.

good effort though=D

gymn88 replied...
Jun. 9, 2010 at 9:09 pm :
i strongly disagree!

critic replied...
Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:15 pm :
the fact that i didn't put my name does not have anything to do with my guts. i'm sorry for you.

xuan huong said...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 5:30 am:
wonderful. I loved it

andshesfearless said...
May 24, 2010 at 11:07 am:
i loved this poem is amazing