Scarlet City Beats | Teen Ink

Scarlet City Beats MAG

By TannerP BRONZE, Macon, Georgia
TannerP BRONZE, Macon, Georgia

Be good and do good.

An amber dusk, and the devils and dancers will be along shortly.
No, they haven't worked hard today!

Oh, but the night's a factory and every poet has his part to make.
The ding-dong of churchbells gives way to the clang of metal on metal, black on black, click clack soles on the dance floor. Those heels and tonight both could use some breaking in.

The glitz and the ritz.

We're not howlers at the moon, not savages! We're revelers, watchmen of the sacred night. You've never seen the world from way up here, have you? You've never looked this good, either. Opal and mother of pearl are the least radiant things in a room full of you.

The sun's sneaking down, it's time for the players to play.

Gamble your passion on one night.

Wild wild wild, but the night is calm and cool.

The chisel-chinned night with its black coat and slick hair and wearing its dancing shoes. There's a beat in the air tonight, there is.

Come out, devils and dancers, there's a beat in the air tonight.

Click your heels and ice your heart, you've got a night to get through. Straighten that cravat, you smell like a barbershop, boy. You've got that deep-blue cool and a jet-black sophistication, nothing's bringing you down tonight.

Dance with me, Miss Moon, and I'll pretend your only flaw is your tango. That clock on the wall doesn't strike midnight, just one and two. One twice and two once. Do you feel that?

I left my magic carpet at The Grand, we'll have to fly on wingtips and light hearts.

Bubble up.

Imaginedangerous PLATINUM, Riverton, Utah
There is defientely a beat to this- the rhythm was great. It's the kind of poem meant to be read aloud. Great work.