Going Places

I may not be the smartest.
There are always going to be times when I do not achieve what I feel I am capable of.
I know who I am,
I understand the harsh realities of my limitations
And choose to soar above the bricks that want to weigh me down

One thing is certain
I am going places

I may not be the wisest
There is no perfection in my words or actions.
But when I see fit
I can do the right and moral thing.
I am also not the most articulate
Tensing whenever I feel I am supposed to say the right thing.

I may not be the id
I am going places.

sarah98 said...
i love how positive this is!!!! most poetry (of my own, at least) is grumpy or sad. but this is just nice to read  

Jade.I.Am This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like the idea of not being perfect but being good enough, ya know? Very well written, I give this an A+ :)

HazelGrace said...
Even though I do not usually partake in this kind of straightfoward writing style, I like it here. very simple, honest, and real. Two nitpicky things:  1. in the "I can do the right and moral thing" you only need one of those adjecives- it sounds repetitive. Personally, I would choose moral since "doing the right thing" is kind of a cliche. 2.In the second to last line, what is "the id?" I am a little confused there. Overall, nice job

dbk1098 replied...
lol! Its a typo! its supposed to be ideal haha

Studio_Ghibli-O said...
This speaks to me. I love it a lot.

bubblee96 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
My gosh this is beautiful <3 i always feel like this but cant seem to ge the momentum of escaping it like you have here. Absolutly wonderful!