Going Places

I may not be the smartest.
There are always going to be times when I do not achieve what I feel I am capable of.
I know who I am,
I understand the harsh realities of my limitations
And choose to soar above the bricks that want to weigh me down

One thing is certain
I am going places

I may not be the wisest
There is no perfection in my words or actions.
But when I see fit
I can do the right and moral thing.
I am also not the most articulate
Tensing whenever I feel I am supposed to say the right thing.

I may not be the id
I am going places.

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 8:29 pm:
i love how positive this is!!!! most poetry (of my own, at least) is grumpy or sad. but this is just nice to read  

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 12 at 11:37 pm:
I like the idea of not being perfect but being good enough, ya know? Very well written, I give this an A+ :)

HazelGraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 6 at 10:08 pm:
Even though I do not usually partake in this kind of straightfoward writing style, I like it here. very simple, honest, and real. Two nitpicky things:  1. in the "I can do the right and moral thing" you only need one of those adjecives- it sounds repetitive. Personally, I would choose moral since "doing the right thing" is kind of a cliche. 2.In the second to last line, what is "the id?" I am a little confused there. Overall, nice job

dbk1098This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 6 at 10:09 pm :
lol! Its a typo! its supposed to be ideal haha

Studio_Ghibli-O said...
This speaks to me. I love it a lot.

bubblee96This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
My gosh this is beautiful <3 i always feel like this but cant seem to ge the momentum of escaping it like you have here. Absolutly wonderful!