Regretful Past

My sister’s hands
are smaller than mine
and one of them has a bite mark on it.
My sister pulls at her hair.
She plants a seed
that has never known sunshine.
Do you feel sorry for anything you’ve done before, Katie?
Would you?

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 7, 2013 at 4:13 am
I'd say the poem is great. I love the fact that it's terse. But don't you think the title casts a darker shadow on it than it really should? Just a thought. Still love the poem.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i find this to be very relateable. I would've appreciated a little more insight, but like you said the poem is self-explanatory. I love at the end the rhetorical questions. Sometimes it's good to end with questions rather than having everything known; a little unknown is good sometimes. 

SakuyaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I greatly enjoyed this poem. Although it takes some understanding and inference of the situation it makes the reader work to understand the relationship

RandomPoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I have 3 sisters one that is 21 another that is 18 and one that just turned 16.  Its just a simple poem that has the question that one would want to ask a family member. It might be hard to get feeling like that from such a small poem. But it makes you wonder and want more once you read it. I think you should add more to this. But i like it the way it is aswell, so if it makes you happy the way it is it makes me happy as well :)