Love's Lullabye

Love is like a lullaby, lulling me to sleep. Blind-folding me where I cannot see, the pain it causes to one and all. Don't be naive like I was, don't fall for the bait, don't be so foolish to believe that all will be well. Why do people have to be so blind and only want what they can't have? I wanted him, but he didn't want the same. I am now stuck in this trap, forever, I will never go free, I will die here. This cloth over my eyes prevents me from seeing the world around me, the sorrow, the pain, and the heartache. Every thing's fine when I'm with him, but really it's not. Love is powerful, it puts me on my knee's, crying, praying to go free of this darkness, praying for this blindfold to be taken off. Although I love him, I don't love what it does to me. He makes me extremely happy, until he's gone, then I realize I don't have him and the fact brings on depression. I can't live without my heart, but I no longer have it, or own it, it's his now. My life is in his hands. I don't want to fight anymore. So I'll sing this lullaby.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Jane,RiderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

Hello, If you like this poem please comment and if you don't help me to improve it. <3

Thanks, Jane Rider