Looking Through a Fighters Eyes

It’s you and me now
Just the two of us
Working against the world

Fighting
With fists held high
Against an outside force

The treacherous walls
Begin to cave in

I close my eyes tight and say,
“Tell me when its over.”

And I think back…

All the hardships,
The struggles
We’ve endured
The pain
The hurt
Nothing can come close
To loosing what I love the most
Loosing the one that I would
Without hesitation
Give my heart to
Beating like a drum

And j ust when
My ocean blue eyes shut
They forcibly open
Again
A moment’s reaction

I am not giving up

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:31 pm:
this piece is kind of mysterious, and i love the strength at the end.

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:49 pm:
Hi again dbk! all i can say is you've outdid yourself again your an incredible writer. I love your emotion throught this work and i love how its like your close to losing the battle, the fight and you get up and fight back vs. the surrenderig and staying down i think this is really good overall, and i hope to read more from you 5/5 stars yet again :3

UniquePerspective said...
Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:54 pm:
Love the feeling! It's actually *losing but other than that a fantastic piece!

newsoulpoet said...
Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:45 pm:
This is awesome! I really like it!! (: It is very meaningful... I love how you formatted it.

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:14 pm:
Wow, this is amazing! I love the hopefulness and sincerity in this and how the reader can tell all of the heart you put into it. Well done; I also love the imagery and beautiful metaphors you strategically placed .Ur a talented writer!

necci said...
Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:06 pm:
Amazing, you litterally put yourself into your poem, however watch out for spelling and grammer, the keyboard is a tricky device  

Zach_M said...
Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:45 pm:
Very interesting; I love the ray of hope that you leave towards the end of your article. "I am not giving up," I love that. It shows that you have the heart and the determination to never let go; to never give up no matter what comes your way. I love how you stretch the past and make it apart of your determination to keep fighting. Wonderful job.

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:33 pm:
Really cool! I like the ending especially XD

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 7, 2013 at 7:43 pm:
I liked this a lot. I found a small spelling error ("losing" instead of "loosing"). I like the desperate fighting instinct that overcomes the narrator in the end. :D Great job!

country-cutey said...
this was really awsome i loved it alot, keep up on the great work!

NightGoddess17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is pure beauty. a work of art. great job! :)

Tbug1997 said...
i feel a lot emotion when i read this i like it alot

Cams05 said...
"I am never giving up"...beautiful...congratulations. 

youngspeare said...
Nicely written :) You've got talent! Keep posting (: 
Check out my poem "Ghosts of the Past" and rate/comment? Please*! 

izyfizy said...
i LOVE this! Great Job!!! :D

Loki17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Fantastic poetry.  Your voice is filled with power and conviction.

bubblee96This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
My first reaction is wow, i can tell there is so much emotion behind this, i love the almost nochalant pattern of this, it rolls off the tongue. I can definetly relate :)