A Teenagers Trials

A never ending journey that represents life at it's best and yet at it's worst, the utmost test in confidence, and free will. The fork in the path of denial and truth. A decision of rebellion outlined in chrome and lost within time. The most difficult challenge in day to day living, two ways to go in each and every road both either equal in in judgement and harassment or one of more severe conflict and punishment. regulations and rules they think will protect, they call insightful, oblivious to the fact they will destroy. a terrifying path as such should never be walked alone, yet comparatively here we all stand hand in hand. a never ending journey against all the others, of life at it's worst and at it's best. Our temple's for the crazy. over run with minuscule trails with promise of salvation or trailed with crimson leading to the end.

TheCapturedBat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:34 am
This poem beautifully conveys the terror of a natural journey. it is mysterious, but completely relatable. I love the rebellious intensity.