Through Plume of Smoke This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Sitting at the base of the concrete steps
Her feet kicking at the wilting grass
She observes

Cars flying by
On the asphalt streets,
Modern weaving roads of life

Their exhaust clouding our vision
Distorting perception
Of this growing city

No birds
Chirp at the rising sun
No squirrels
Scramble up telephone poles

In our haste of creating a manmade world
We have thrown nature
To the gasoline-perfumed dust

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love poetry like this. Because it proves not all poetry is love love love and peace. But also political. And moving. Beautiful. And congrats on being published. 

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great work~ It's time we realize that we are killing our earth.

raindance72 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Great poem! Congrats on the editor's choice, that's a great accomplishment.

I loved this poem, the message that was in it, the impeccable flow, and great word usage. Wonderful work! :) Love it if you'd look at some of mine too.

Labradorian This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much for the comment!