I Remember Her

I remember the promise of the embrace we once shared,
And I remember the cold emptiness she left behind.
I remember the warm feel of her hand in mine,
And I remember the sting of it on my face.
I remember the sweetness of her voice,
And I remember the cut of her words.
I remember our wonderful nights,
And I remember our last night.
I remember her joyful moods,
And I remember her worst.
I remember her,
And I wish I didn't.

Blue4indigo said...
Once again, amazing-stunning in its simplicity!

-Ash- said...
awesome poem! loved how it flowed! gj!

Lovejuice replied...
Thanks for the read Ash. I'm still not entirely happy with this poem, but I'm glad you are. ^_^

ToraToriToraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
"It is better to have loved and lost, than to never love at all." I see you don't agree with this?

Lovejuice replied...
The words are just a placeholder. ^_^ I'm in a great relationships, and where this poem came from, I don't know. O_o

ToraToriToraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Ah x) okay

U2_Fanatic said...
[Speechless. Yet again.]

Lovejuice replied...
Whoo! You enjoyed it! I'm hoping that this poem will get a little more attention, because the more I read it, and the more people who see it, the more I like it. It seems to look better and better every time I read it...

Allure said...
Beautiful!

Lovejuice replied...
Thank you for reading!

InvisibleHeart said...
This is really sweet, Love. Your style of writing is very good. I enjoyed this poem very much. Great job!

rainbowbutterflyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
thats really good lj

HiddenAngelInTheDark said...
Just beautiful Lj it reminds me of my first relationship I still hold her close to me

Tbug1997 said...
Eastep I love it i never thought you would or could write anything like this its wonderful

MiraStorm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this almost made me cry... it really strikes the heart. i didnt like the lines about her moods... they didnt really fit somehow. but i can really relate to it. i love the sadness looming around the words

Lovejuice replied...
I was going to polish the poem more before I submitted it to the site, but I was goaded into posting it before I thought it was ready. I'm glad you still liked it despite the mistakes that were left. Hopefully I can make up for what few disappointments were here in one of my other poems?

Autumn_Ecstasy said...
Dec. 20, 2011 at 11:22 am
I really like this and I like how the words are organized to look. It's really realitable (for me at least) and this is going in my favroites! Love it.

Lovejuice replied...
Thank you for reading! I'm glad you liked the structure of the poem. It was really the only thing I was aiming for in the whole thing. Everybody else seems to think it was the message, but that was really just a placeholder.

Paradise_Lost said...
See, this is why we made you upload these things to TI. They're amazing. *Sits with popcorn and watches the fangirl group grow*

youngpilot said...
First to post a comment. *Shakes head* What a shame. Something much different that your usual style, but certainly not something of lesser quality. The details are strong, and the picture painted is powerful, and unfortunately true in so many cases. Certainly another amazing piece written by Lord Eastep.