This Is Just To Say

I have spoken
your secrets
that you entrusted
to me

and which
you probably
did not
want told

Forgive me
they were hard to keep
so intriguing
and so juicy

Silver2blackThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
The only thing that got my attention was the title, I have read the actual poem before "This is just to Say"...So far my favorites. Wow, I thought I was the only one who copied the poem and made a whole different story out of it. To me your copy is better than mine, keep writing.

Jappyalldayeveryday said...
This is cute, but simple and not filled with emotion

EtherealThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 30, 2011 at 7:35 am
It doesn't really seem like a poem, more like a split up note or something, which is maybe what you are going for. It doesn't flow that well (but then again, that might be what you were going for) but I can see your meaning clearly- it's honest, like a lot of your poems are. not some vague idea- this is concrete and hard- I read this once and got the full idea, though I keep reading it just because.