Malcontent

I stare at foreign words.
My handwriting -- I did not write them.
Not conciously was I there.

I absorb the hatred spewed in ink,
Wavering, strength refusing me.
Cyanide lines I don't remember.

I hold my tongue to others.
I turn the pen on myself.

Musawwir21 said...
Dec. 31, 2011 at 7:20 am
Wow this was interesting. I get the whole point of the poem about you hurting yourself with your own words right? Well anyways I read this and I realize how much talent goes unseen. But you should really add more. Its heading in a great direction.

Resonating_Words replied...
Jan. 4, 2012 at 12:56 am
Thank you very much (: And yes, you've got it ^_^ Depending on the reader it could be about self-deprecation, or something slightly different in the case that I drew from to write it. Unique to your own interpretation in the details, but you've definitely caught the overarching theme precisely (: Thank you again :D

GoGreenGirl said...
Dec. 14, 2011 at 11:37 am
Wow, this is a very powerful poem.  I especially like the line "Cyanide lines I don't remember."  The figurative language is a very strong point.  Great job!

Resonating_Words replied...
Dec. 14, 2011 at 11:42 am
Thanks!!  :D  I aprreciate it <3

muna.najihah said...
Dec. 12, 2011 at 10:30 am

it is short but packed with emotion. reading it, "BOOM!!" i get chills. nice work

please check out my work too and comment/rate it.

Resonating_Words replied...
Thank you very much :D I appreciate it ^_^ And I'm happy to check out your work -- expect my comments (:

DrowningInTheBrooke said...
wow..i smiled and got chills at the same time (like literally which kinda scared me lol)

Resonating_Words replied...
Well, thank you, I'll take that as positive feedback XD

DrowningInTheBrooke replied...
lol definetly

youngspeare said...
Dec. 10, 2011 at 12:53 am
Wow! You killed it girl!! I'm loving this. Keep posting :) 

Resonating_Words replied...
Thanks!! :) I shall, and I appreciate it!

whateverjuliet said...
WOW. this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!!! no words, speachless! ur amazing!

Resonating_Words replied...
Thank you! :D

CarrieAnn13 said...
Wow, this is great!  Words can definitely be used for great, but when used for evil, they can be like poison.  I love the metaphor here.  Your descriptive words like 'spewing' and 'wavering' definitely give off great imagery.  I honestly have no criticism.  Excellent work!

Resonating_Words replied...
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it <3 <3 <3

MsAnonymous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
dang that's good! made me think... and it's so true

Resonating_Words replied...

Thank you! (: As you can tell, it isn't in my usual "style" (longer, with stanzas of sorts -- you know what I mean XD). 

It's meant to have more impact, and I'm very glad it does -- inspiring thoughts is the greatest praise I can get XD

Again, as with all of your comments, I greatly appreciate it

Matice said...

Wow. This is one of the few things that I find that actually really hits home for me. You did an amazing job in so few lines. I really loved reading that.

Please take a look at some of my work if you have a spare minute. I'd really like to get some constructive criticism from someone like you.

Resonating_Words replied...

Wow, thank you very much (: I truly appreciate it.

And I absolutely will check out your stuff :DD

Come-n-Gone said...
I like this. it's really cool and has a nice say in words. But i know you could do better