The Bright Red Petals

The bright red petals fall
just like the tears from her eyes.
She can finally see exactly who she was.
For him that is.
She sees how foolish she was.

The bright red petals crumple
just like her heart.
Does he see what he's done to you?
bet he doesn't care
Then why do you?

The bright red petals wash away
just like her feelings for him.
She steps out of the dark.
Smiling, a barbwire fence
It protects her broken heart

Shnitzal8DThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 21, 2012 at 6:58 pm:
This was a beautifuly constructed poem about love that was lost in the middle. I loved the ending. Keep up the wonderful work :D!

Kitty.Meow.DalyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 21, 2012 at 7:04 pm :
Thank you :)

JaneCapelleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. Wow. This was reallyyy good. I can totally relate to it. 5 outta 5, without a doubt

Jan. 4, 2012 at 4:43 pm :
Words are one of the few things I actually understand

Volleyballgirl1812 said...
this was really goooood. I love the way you wrote it. It really blends in perfectly together.

Dec. 2, 2011 at 5:34 pm :
I was really broken hearted about someone and knew in good time, everything would be ok again :)