In the forest

I sit alone.
In a dark forest,
Surrounded by silence,
Tears falling fast.
The knife in my hand
Screams pierce my ears
I turn
but still I am alone
I lay
My tender head on the fallen leaves,
It's cold
but I hardly notice.
I sigh
My mind is clouded,
My eye are heavy,
and so is my body.
I wake
A patch of sun hits my face
Its beautiful, this forest
Quiet, peaceful, serene.
I will come back again...

JaneCapelleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This sounds sad to me...but then towards the end it seems happier...like as if you (or whoever's point of view you were writing from) had been going through a slow, alone, and very depressing time, but then finally woke up one day and decided, "I will come back again..." like back to happiness....or idk maybe you left/lost something and went back to it...whatever, thats just my interpretation, but anyway, really great job! =) The way you broke it up kind of gives it suspense and drama...5 outta 5!

Kitty.Meow.DalyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 4, 2012 at 4:12 pm :
Thank you very much and yes it was supposed to sound like I was going through a depressing alone time and I finally broke out of it

Matice said...

I really liked the way your style was a little broken up. But at the same time, it wasn't too broken. It made nice, smooth transitions.

Good job!

Dec. 2, 2011 at 5:35 pm :
Thank you :)

wordjunkie said...
That was really interesting. it was quiet, and I'm not sure I get it, but I like it.

Dec. 1, 2011 at 6:22 am :
When I wrote it my thoughts were kind of broken, so I tried to piece it together to show that she was thinking improperly, having second thoughts on taking her life. It is confusing but I tried :)