Fairytale

Once upon a time in a land far away,
There was the perfect boy,
And a not so perfect girl.
He was the fun one with all the friends,
She was the shy girl with a lot to say.
She never thought he’d give her a second glance,
Until the day their eyes met.
It was a fairytale moment,
With fireworks and magic in those silent seconds,
So much was said in a glance that neither could understand.
And the girl started to daydream and wonder.
They never spoke before,
That perfect boy and not so perfect girl,
Aside from their amazing conversations,
Between her bright blues and his warm brown eyes.
Until that day,
When he flashed her a perfect smile,
And walked his perfect walk,
To where she was always waiting.
She became is princess in the way he had always been her prince.
Their chat was what most would consider normal.
But it was then that the not so perfect girl,
And that oh, so perfect boy,
Fell in love.
I am that not so perfect girl,
And this is for my perfect boy.

Inksy said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 1:09 am:
Thanks everyone (:

myraahmad said...
Feb. 1, 2012 at 7:34 am:
Awww.. That's so cute! :)

HaleyLynnThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 1, 2012 at 6:45 am:
This is adorable (: I love it!

LittleUggie said...
Jan. 28, 2012 at 9:29 am:
This is a really cute poem, All it needs is a happily ever after. Good luck!

Sparkora said...
I love this, it tells the perfect story! It wrapped up great, with no loose ends. It was simple, which was what drew me in because a lot of poets try too hard to be intricate. Yours was perfect:) Five stars:)

EtherealThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 19, 2012 at 2:33 pm :
aww... this is so sweet- I love the start "once upon a time"- it's so normal- but it makes it so much better- I really like this poem because it's so easy to understand

WhittyKittyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 12, 2011 at 10:43 am:
Aw, this is really sweet. I loved it :)

KenzieHockey123 said...
Dec. 5, 2011 at 6:43 am:
I really love this :) 5/5 & favorite :)

poetface said...
I really like this because of the imagery I see, and it is so easy to take in. I feel this alot. :))

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey, do you think you could check out some of my work? There is one called Lonely Fires I think you'll like. It is aciedentally anonymous poem so you would have to do a search for it if you do decide to take a look. It would mean alot to me, I liked your work so much I put this poem up on my favs

Inksplotch replied...
Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:28 am :

Thank you so much (: I'll definitely check it out!

Oh, my gosh, I love this! I don't like many of the free verse poems, so that says alot.(when free verse is good, its really good, but when its bad its REALLY BAD, not naming any names, though.) My favorite lines are "When he flashed her a perfect smile,/And walked his perfect walk/ To where she was always waiting." And the last two lines are great aswell. Awsome job, Inksplotch, Five stars!

Inksplotch replied...
Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:28 am :
Oh my gosh, that's one of the best compliments I've recieved (: Thank you so much!

Phina This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 10:17 am :
I think that the cliches of this piece only highlight the way the writer actually feels, because not every moment in life is a wow moment with the most awesome thing that can be said, often what comes out is corny and cute, but still heartfelt, I think you absolutely nailed this piece on the head for every girl that finds her "perfect boy." It's beautiful Inksplotch, and I hope to see more of it.

BleedNLove replied...
Mar. 7, 2012 at 5:31 pm :
This was sooo cute and really written well. Good Job!!