Who I'll Always Be

He was always the popular one
The guy with all the friends
He carries his popularity like a gun
No one dares stand against him
Girls stare and giggle when he walks by
Ignoring the little sister, his very kin
That follows in his shadow behind him
They say he is the guy with everything
Could that everything ever include me?
"Aren't you his sister?" they ask
No, that's not who I want to be
It's his popularity
His name rings out, clear and loud
The crowd adores him and calls out
But I don't hear the sound
I only follow him around
Trying to fit into his shoes
And keep my head down
The know me only as "His Sister"
I want to tell them that
I am not "His Sister"
I have a name
I have a life
I am Me
But I just nod
Because I am his sister
That's who I'll always be

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:27 am:
WOW! That was an amazing peice of work! You are SO talented!!! Great job!! Please read, rate, and comment on my poems. It would mean a lot:) Thanks!

shmam7624 said...
I love it! You are an amazing poet. This poem is great, everything about it.

WhittyKittyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 7, 2012 at 10:06 am :
~~Thanks~~

AliLinn said...
That was incredible! And if makes you feel any better, my sister is 14months younger than me, and everyone thinks she's so perfect. She gets straight A's, is beautiful, opinionated. Then there's me...the writer whom nobody really seems to care about. But it's not what everybody else thinks, Sweetie, it's how you make yourself to be. You need to rise above everyone else. And Sweetie, from what I've seen, you're a total Sweetheart with a really good heart. :)

Dec. 13, 2011 at 11:33 pm :
Aww thanks! Ya, I don't follow in my bro's shadow any more :)

InksplotchThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 12, 2011 at 12:14 am:

Well done! I loved the way this was written. Your frustration and hurt is all over in these words... great job (:

Could you check out some of my work and rate/comment? I'd really appreciate it!

Dec. 12, 2011 at 10:38 am :
Thanks! Sure thing!

musicmissyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That was really good

Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:47 pm :
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback!