Addicted

Just one, you promised yourself.
Only once will i use this drug.
Oh but it gets you so far, just once more i swear I'm not addicted. Oh being up is so so nice! Once more and i admit, I'm hooked. Feeling the pain i find a blade. Scared but anxious to find what it does. Feeling the blood trickle down your arm. Releasing the demons damaged harm. You now find yourself addicted to releasing the pain in your life. Why must the world be so cruel! Mean glares! Stares! People don't understand, they never will. On how it feels to finally find something in your life that helps. Even if you do get addicted. . . . .

thomakab14 said...
Awkward transition between drugs and cutting... I don't understand it? Is the drug actually the blade?

HarryPotterLover30 said...
Wow..... awesome, slightly creepy- but in a good way, and vewry true. Love it! :) FIX your punctuation and you will be Golden  

Studio_Riet said...
The rhythm and stanzas were kind of hard to follow, but the overall message of it was astounding.

Hoosier said...
really good poem...and by the way get on here more so i got somebody like me to talk to haha cause some of the kids are.....well ya know

CountryCutie replied...
Jan. 18, 2012 at 10:31 pm :
Hey thanks:) btw im on here all the time there darlin

Zahria said...
this is really good... great job!!

CountryCutie replied...
Dec. 18, 2011 at 12:17 pm :
thanks much:)

raindance72 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I love this poem! It's meaningful strong and poignant well done :)

IamtheshyStargirl said...

This has a lot of potential, though I feel it needs a little work, I'd suggest restructuring it a bit, you started out with the subject as 'I', but changed it to 'you' towards the end.

Thanks for sharing! :)