Failing to understand heart break | Teen Ink

Failing to understand heart break

November 18, 2011
By Anonymous

..Because its hard not to. You know how when you break up with an ex? And you feel like s***? That's how I feel just it seems a bazillion times worse. I keep replaying a song he sent me over and over crying because of it.
I didn't think it would be possible to feel this broken over somebody, but I do. I feel it and it hurts. I've been trying to get over him but I can't. Its like hes a burning though in the back of my head that I can't get rid of.
I fell in love with him when I shouldn't have.
Yeah, I'm happy with another person right now but its hard to get over heartbreak, especially when you were close to the person.
I can't help it.
All I know how to explain is that I cannot live with this thought that I hurt them. That it was me who is to blame
And to try and show them that I care...is so hard...its so hard. And I want them to see that. But they've given up...and...that hurts so much.
He hates me.
But what hurts the most is the fact he said I was acting like one of my Ex's....if he had any idea how much they hurt me...they scarred me...he wouldn't dare go there.
those are words that are unforgivable.
I said some unforgivable things too...
...but I was speaking the truth. And if he would've let me tell more, he would've seen I love him.
I had fallen for him.
and didn't want to lose him.
But its all ended now. So what is there to say? Am I supposed to stay here with a broken heart forever? Or will it heal? I want it to heal...because if it doesn't I don't know how long I can live with it.
My heart aches, and my chest pounds whenever the thought of him crosses my mind.
The feelings still thrive, I still want him.
But I have to tell myself no.
No, I can't want him. I can't want to talk to him. Because I am just pulling myself into a trap.
And that's where more pain commences to take over my heart.
To know it's over, the memories, the smiles, his love.
I'ts over.
I need it to end.
I want it to end.
It needs to end....


The author's comments:
I'm going through a hard heart break...