Ink Bleeds Through

Spirals of cursive ink,
Bleed across the page,
For the first time in weeks,
You feel a smile lift your face.
Your ocean of regret,
Now turned to a sea of rage,
A valley of fish,
Fill this once empty cage.

You don’t have to do anything,
Just sit back and relax,
Lean forward in a fervor,
Raise your pen as if it’s an axe.
Smile to yourself,
As bodies fill the turf,
If it turns out you don’t like it,
You can always clear away the dirt.

Pick up a fresh piece of paper,
An unblemished plot of earth,
The words are all there now,
Their meanings yours to discern,
Just remember to be careful,
Watch what you choose.
Always be careful,

Because ink bleeds through.

thatgirl99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
The poem conveys beautiful visual images through your descriptive word choice.  Simply wonderful poetry!

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great! Nice imagery. Fantastic job! Please read,rate, and comment on my poems! Thanks!

horsewriter4evrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 18, 2012 at 1:07 pm:
is really cool i love the descripition and what is means :) it is so awesome :)

AngelForeverBleedingLove This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:08 pm:

This is really creative and deep! It really captivates the feeling of being passionate about what you're writing. You are a very talented writer, keep writing!

-Angel

Push2Death said...
Feb. 17, 2012 at 10:11 am:
this is really great keep writing you have a talent

Kinzi said...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 3:34 am:
This was awesome! "Your ocean of regret Now turned to a sea of rage" Powerfully written! And it reads well. Great job!!!

Adrienne321 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 10:24 am:
Absolutely lovely. I understand, intimately.

RaneaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wicked poem and i totally get it cause i feel the same way with my singing and writing, keep up the good work

scenesoccerqueenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 10, 2012 at 1:34 pm :
agrred...for me its soccer and writing! ill hafta remember this!

Chibi-Alexis said...
Jan. 5, 2012 at 7:24 am:
Wow, this is really a wonderful poem. I never thought about these things. This is really good.

Jessah said...
This is simply amazing. I don't know any other way to explain it.

PaigeStreetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really dig this. Very lyrical. Its lucid and resonant. Good stuff!

Anonymous_7 said...
OOOOOhhh this was awesome!!! It makes me want to go write something! it flow well and is very inspiring. Great Job!!!

inkblot13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is incredible! 5 put of 5 stars most definately!

DarkenRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love this!:D You could really relate to it. It brings inspiration to the reader, to incourage them to pick up a pen and step into their own world. Great job:D

youngspeare said...
Wow! I can totally relate to this poem. Great work!
Please check out my first poem on teenink. Would appreciate it :) 

BrokenBreeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Seriously this poem is KILLER!! LOVE THIS!