Newborn

I was born
Into a world fresh faced and open hearted.
I had no expectations.
All I knew was who I am
And what I was.
I had only my two hands and my two feet
For which to create and move on.
Without fear
I did not hesitate.
If I were to wander
I found my way
Back to myself.
I always came back
To you.
I was

IndiewriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
 I love the innocence of  the idea of this poem! I've thought these same exact thoughts in my mind before; you brought them to life.This line is especially amazing, "For which to create and move on". (: P.S.- Thanks for checking out my work. --indiewriter<3

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nice work. I enjoyed reading this. Good job! Please read,rate,and comment on my poems! Thanks!

erinmccoy said...
I think this poem is quite unique. It's though-provoking, yet simple. Everyone can relate. Great job.

HateKnuckle said...
I love this. It touches on something not too many people mention at all. The innocence of childhood is interesting. I like how it is untainted by modern thought or society. It is so simple. 4 stars.