Snow Angel

Suspended in the air
limbs stretched out
body twisted in an X
pain etched in her face --- yet
she is beautiful.

Her pale milky skin is
lost in the blinding white snow.
Her long raven-black hair
snarls and tangles as she is
tossed through the sky.
She glows as the wind
whips her face
and her glazed-over eyes
look through me.

Body contorted in anguish,
arms and legs a mangled mess,
mute. Still,
I swear I can hear her
scream.

ArtemisValeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 10:05 am:
I found the poem didn't have much of a flow to it, but the imagery is absolutly beautiful, so keep up the good work!

eliana924This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 12:01 pm :
Hmm..what do you mean by flow? I wanted to just capture a single image, so I'm not intending for there to be time passing, which would need to flow to remain cohesive, so I'm not sure what you mean. Is the image I describe not cohesive?

ArtemisValeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 1:27 pm :
It just meant that I had trouble finding a rhythm to it at first, but I have read over it since and I realize it doesn't really need one and I take back my first comment, now that I've read over it again it's really great!

Dec. 23, 2011 at 1:34 pm :
Oh okay haha thanks.. and thanks for giving me that suggestion anyway; I'll still think about it.