Sitting on the corner of the street | Teen Ink

Sitting on the corner of the street

Sitting on the corner of the street

Sitting on the corner of the street I watch people pass in their designer gear, bags overflowing and folders galore, living life like the upper hand no time for the poor homeless man.

Looking for shelter day and night, nowhere to go nowhere to turn, selling the big issue isn’t what I thought I’d be doing on the corner of the street, searching for food little of my many problems and worries, cafes close and out come the bags of over dated food and stale bread.

Weekends come here comes the torture drunken hooligans torment me, pushed and prodded blood and scars, the life of me on the corner of the street.

When it rains my best friend is there to comfort me the shabby green coat I found one day on the corner of the street, no jobs out there for the poor homeless man begging on the corner of the street makes me really want to cry, the life of the poor homeless man isn’t the life I used to know.

I wrote this to give people an insight to homeless life and how these people are treated and discriminated and or stereotyped.

.king. SILVER said...
.king. SILVER, Yeux Bien Tres Bien, Other

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aww, very sad and nice write keep writing !

makeyoubelievex0x, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
You are gifted in what you do, keep writing! xoxo

Megan15 BRONZE said...
on Nov. 27 2011 at 11:54 am
Megan15 BRONZE, Milton, Kentucky

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, your always in the same place"

Great Poem. Really True.

on Nov. 25 2011 at 8:22 am
Nightingale2write BRONZE, Toronto, Other

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." ~Thomas Edison

Yes, really great job! But... do we have any ideas how to help these people?? It seems we all live in nice homes and sympathize with the homeless but we don't really do anything about it, myself included. How can we help?? :^)

on Nov. 25 2011 at 8:05 am
SpringAhead GOLD, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania

"Don't call me crazy, it drives me nuts!"

~Anonymous

great job on the poem! It's horrible how true and real all of this stuff is, I see it ever day. Keep writing :)

on Nov. 25 2011 at 7:45 am
HeatherBee BRONZE, I Live In, Texas

Go on and try to tear me down. I will be rising from the ground, like a skyscraper

Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect

so true. its so saddening to see. Great work

kath said...
I agree with rhi123

on Nov. 20 2011 at 2:51 am
euant118 BRONZE, Cardiff, Other
Thankyou:']

Rhi123 said...
on Nov. 19 2011 at 2:24 am
A real good poem you have written there, this is truly what life is like "Sitting on the corner of the street "