Sitting on the corner of the street

By , cardiff, United Kingdom
Sitting on the corner of the street

Sitting on the corner of the street I watch people pass in their designer gear, bags overflowing and folders galore, living life like the upper hand no time for the poor homeless man.

Looking for shelter day and night, nowhere to go nowhere to turn, selling the big issue isn’t what I thought I’d be doing on the corner of the street, searching for food little of my many problems and worries, cafes close and out come the bags of over dated food and stale bread.

Weekends come here comes the torture drunken hooligans torment me, pushed and prodded blood and scars, the life of me on the corner of the street.

When it rains my best friend is there to comfort me the shabby green coat I found one day on the corner of the street, no jobs out there for the poor homeless man begging on the corner of the street makes me really want to cry, the life of the poor homeless man isn’t the life I used to know.

Silver2black said...
Aww, very sad and nice write keep writing !

makeyoubelievex0x said...
You are gifted in what you do, keep writing! xoxo

Megan15 said...
Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:54 am
Great Poem. Really True.

CautionwetPaint said...
Nov. 25, 2011 at 8:05 am
great job on the poem! It's horrible how true and real all of this stuff is, I see it ever day. Keep writing :)

Nightingale2write replied...
Nov. 25, 2011 at 8:22 am
Yes, really great job! But... do we have any ideas how to help these people?? It seems we all live in nice homes and sympathize with the homeless but we don't really do anything about it, myself included. How can we help?? :^)

Hikari. said...
Nov. 25, 2011 at 7:45 am
so true. its so saddening to see. Great work

Rhi123 said...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 2:24 am
A real good poem you have written there, this is truly what life is like "Sitting on the corner of the street "

euant118 replied...
Nov. 20, 2011 at 2:51 am
Thankyou:']

kath replied...
I agree with rhi123