The Journey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

They say it’s all about the journey, I used to disagree.
Because I loved the destination but now I start to see
That when I finally get there, I think about the time
When we outsang the radio and thought we sounded fine.
The many fights that made Dad say, “I’ll turn this thing around!”
And how easy we’d make him laugh to calm him right back down.
The countless times we took a stop to stretch our legs were great,
Because space can get pretty tight when the car is packed with eight.
We all took turns to close our eyes and have a little nap
Or listen to whoever drives get lost and blame the map.
Oh how I love it in the car when we’re all having fun
So how I hate when we arrive and all of that is done.
Next to the pool, with earphones in, those times I can’t recall
But memories of getting there always do stand tall.
So Destination, here we are, but not as a family.
And as for me, I now agree, it’s all in the journey.

Chibbie said...
hey i love your stuff give me some advise some time. i know what you mean cause no matter how uncomfortable the car ride is its the destination and cuality you have with the people you care about

kedsberry!! said...
Jan. 8, 2010 at 12:39 am
i think its simply AWESOME...brought a flashback of good 'ol memories to my mind !!

booklover said...
Jan. 4, 2010 at 11:41 am
Loved it. It makes me think about when my family takes our annual trips how we always talk about he long ride there and how we got lost or what we saw on the way or who dorve what car and who was in it and where we stopped and all the complaining and pics...it made me think of my family and i love it. please keep writing.

sesababi said...
his deffiently takes me back to my family car trips . i love it

zoezoe1 said...
i've always been a fan of the couplets. nice work.

JackyAngel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I loved it! All there is, truth in words.

oxStardustxo said...
This poem is beautiful!(But I'm sure you know that already) You made me feel all happy =)

Aurora said...
Dec. 2, 2009 at 7:21 am
good job dude, it flows great and has good rhymes. ps i like rhyming poems better than non-rhyming poems

Jaquie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very well done! -and I'm sure you don't need me to say so. You made me feel smile. So for that I thank you.
Keep writing and God bless,
...,

Lanae said...
Very well written and relatable! great job!!!

Poet_in_Motion This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like this poem a lot, and, like many of the other people, I can relate. I've always liked the car trips better than the destination, even though I'm an only child. I think your rhymes are clever and they flow smoothly. Keep up the great work!

one_of_a_kind_girl said...
Jul. 11, 2009 at 6:25 am
My favorite poem I've read today!! I totally can relate, and it was so well written!! I love it!

BeccaBlue826 said...
i loved it...i like to travel myself...especially with my family of five...so i can relate...good job

thedaydreamer13 said...
that was a great rhyming poem!! i can see my family in this poem!! hehe... keep up the good work!! :)

Dead-eyed-Author said...
Great rhyming, but work on taking out small words to keep a fast steady rhythym. That'd go great with the rhyming.

volleyball14 said...
Apr. 23, 2009 at 3:29 am
It was really good. i believe it too, its all about the journey. btw great ryhming. im not a great poet, but i love reading poems. good job!

lightsoymilk said...
Apr. 20, 2009 at 12:42 am
I loved the rhyming! I definatly can relate..... great poem.

beddastella2@aim.com said...
Apr. 18, 2009 at 7:42 am
nice ryhming

persianprincess123 said...
Feb. 22, 2009 at 1:15 am
I liked this poem.I think that people can look at it in many different perspectives, meaning, that when I read it, it kind of reminded me about life, and how life can sometimes be seen as a journey, and the journey is what counts the most. The journey is what is most cherished. It was great!!! I wrote alot too, but none got into the teen ink, just teen ink raw..=(..one's called- the beginnig of a journey and its under Manijeh A.

coolness said...
I liove your poem