Every Piece Of Me | Teen Ink

Every Piece Of Me

By mlombard BRONZE, Manhasset, New York
mlombard BRONZE, Manhasset, New York

Why do we let fear hold us back? It's so easy to say, 'follow your heart,' but life can be tough, and you have to roll with the punches. Saying goodbye can be so hard. Starting a new chapter can be so scary. Letting go can be so painful. Simple things always find a way to get messy, and those certain days when everything just falls apart. What else am I supposed to say when I can't act strong anymore? When I'm literally falling to pieces after giving up on everything that I love about life. I don't need someone to understand, I just need someone to listen. There will always be such thing as perfection. So why can't I find a perfect balance between my crazy dreams and colorless reality? The perfect world. Where dreams are always accessible, fear isn't an option, and hearts don't break. Welcome to reality where we can't always run around chasing our dreams. The place where we make the choice of what will be best in the long run. The smart decision rather than the passionate one. Welcome to growing up and facing the world.