Split between two worlds

Split between two worlds, the one I want for myself and the one I live in. Cruelty speaks solemnly to the people who listen blank whispers nobody but i Can hear. Never thought a heart could scream so loud , echoes fill the empty space that has become, for this is who I am  I live the life before me to please others  never once acting on the life I see in my dreams. I dream of being a child, while a child dreams of being older. Life's ironic the way it works  I look at the lady with the blank stare ; my reflection. She says cruel words to me. Words I couldn't picture myself saying to anyone out loud.  It frightens me the way I could be behind close doors , so hateful. Pretending is what my life consists of now. Not the life I'd wish to live. But everyone lives to be fake and i can't except me as myself  thoughts eat away  between the space between you and I. But the space that is between us is the only thing that has stayed the same 

ToPonJah This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I feel this way too, I hope you find comfort. We writers are always in distress with our selves. The problem is....its mostly in our heads and hearts..

swifthearth said...

Nice!

The only problem was the format-a lil hard to understand.-