The Power of Words | Teen Ink

The Power of Words

November 3, 2011
By YoGabbaGabba SILVER, Arlington Heights, Illinois
YoGabbaGabba SILVER, Arlington Heights, Illinois
6 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You out and kick their ass if your pissed enough!"
My most favorite basketball coach said this to me when the referees sucked in my game. I was able to bring my team back from a 15 point defecit, and win the game.


For you Gina. R.I.P

We talk in school, to our friends, to our family, even to strangers. A lot of the time we end up saying things we don't mean. Or sometimes we say things as a joke. But those jokes, they hurt.
They get under your skin. All those times when you hurt someone, even when it doesn't show, it becomes a growing tumor of pain, ready to explode. And suddenly it does.
People can seem perfectly normal, or what we call normal. They can seem like the happiest person on the face of the Earth. But in their heart, they are not.
Each night children cry because of bullies. Many of those times the bullies are friends. And death has become those weeping childrens outlet. Before the families even know it, the child is gone. Never to be heard again.
Words are strong. Words are like a bullet, waiting to make a puncture in a person. Some times the bullets are dodged. Then after a while you give in. You get sick of dodging the bullet, and let it go to your heart. Then suddenly your gone. Words are powerful. Watch what you say. You never know, they may go through the heart.


The author's comments:
A girl in my community recently commited suicide because of words of people. On the outside she was the sweetest, kindest, most loving person you would ever meet. And one sunday, she was gone from us all.