One Day | Teen Ink

One Day

October 29, 2011
By ElizabethKiley PLATINUM, Washington D.C., District Of Columbia
ElizabethKiley PLATINUM, Washington D.C., District Of Columbia
31 articles 11 photos 3 comments

One day I'll be happy.
One day I'll be able to say I made it and rose above all the things that held me down and suffocated my will to go on.
I'll hold my head high and wear a smug grin like Kate's crown and smile at all the girls who wish they had my strong genes, a pun of course.
One day. My stories will inspire and my family will appreciate me for all I have become.
One day I'll be stronger.
One day I'll have the power to riot and actually say what I've been meaning to say for the past one, two , three, nine months.
One day I'll be remembered
Remembered for just being a face, a statistic, a number, a mother, a sister, a daughter, a friend.
One day I'll be thought of by looking up at the stars one September night.
Someone will wish I was there with them.
And one day I'll be at peace
Peace with being my mess up self
Peace with the knowledge that I, personally will never find salvation,
One day I'll be brave and smile at the faces of my buried dreams and sacrificed youth.
One day I'll be happy.
Tomorrow, a week, a fortnight, a month, a year, a century, but one day,
I'll be able to sigh a sigh of not exasperation but of relief.
I'll be able to be all things I need in one being and still have enough room left over to envelop more qualities.
I'll be able to manage my time so I never have to sleep so I can spend it all making up living because I wasn’t able to when it was expected.
I'll be able to dream so wide that National Geographic's big fold out posters wont be able to contain me.
One day…. Well one day I'll be happy.