Hypothetically

I'm always there for you but who was there for me
When I dropped the baby on its head, metaphorically?
I was there for you, who was there for me?
When I jumped, did you say no? Hypothetically.
I was there, was always there but never there,
Impossible but true. How does it happen? Knowing truth. Monumentally.
Did I find me inside your mind ever in my life?
But never did I ask anything of you
You should have known what I wanted in the first place.
Laughing off the cliff I went, hysterically.
And wondered if you had yelled, "No!"
Hypothetically.

SpeakerOfTheDeadThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem is cute. I actually laughed at the end. Haha.

IAmWhoIWantToBe said...
At first, it's kinda hard for me to follow this poem until I realize what this is about. I think this is well-written. My only wish is that you used another word instead of using hypothetically twice. One in the thrid line and one in the end. Other than that, I think it's good.

EtherealThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is very good! I agree with pinkowl, I love the long words, they add a flavor a lot of poems lack. the words seemed chopped up though, but maybe that's the new format I'm still getting used to.

SteelJam said...
Oh my gosh! I loved this!

Behind_a_Plastic_Smile said...
wow this just has some amazing the rhythm and flow to it

SwallowedByInsanity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is definitely going into my favorites, I can relate to your words and the metaphors are fantastic! Especially "I was there, always there but never there". Definitely the best line.

pinkowl said...
 love the words like "hypothertically" and then "monumentally" they really give your poem power and flow!<3

Signed_DK said...

If we don't question what happens then how can we question what doesn't happen?

( I loved It!!!)

Like-I-Never-Been-Broken said...
I liked it a lot!!!! :) and Im not just sayin that cuz your my bud :) it really meant something to me in specific lines..

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 8, 2011 at 5:13 am

Great poem! I liked the different words you used such as 'hypothetically' and 'metaphorically.

There were a few spelling mistakes here and there, but the poem is still very good! Keep it up! :)