I am from | Teen Ink

I am from

October 27, 2011
By davidshank BRONZE, Solon, Ohio
davidshank BRONZE, Solon, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I am from Solon, Ohio. From vacations every winter break to Florida with my family.
I am from a loving and supportive family.
Two sisters, a mother, and a father.
I am from tennis practices late at night and early in the morning.
I am from out of town tournaments with my parents, who are always my number one fans.
I am from the strong smell of prime rib throughout my whole house on holidays to the sweet aroma of hot chocolate on the rare snow day.
I am from screaming from the basement to rooms in my house.
I am from the vexing sounds of dogs howling and barking at the late hours of night and the wee hours of morning.
I am from “late nights” with my best friends consisting of sports and video games.
I am from Friday night Chipotle dinners with my friends; sushi lunch dates with my mom, and home cooked family meals.
I am from sporting events with my dad, shopping with my mom, and chick-flicks with my sisters.
I am from outfit critiques from my mom and sisters, and learning to not ask my dad for fashion questions.
Lastly, I am from my home. My family. My life.