Winter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Walking after school
I am struck by the shape of this branch against the bleak sky
shockingly stark and
gray and unrepentant;
Stabbing upwards
so violently – as some knife into a pillow
a sudden rip, and feathers rain down like cloud.
The moment stretches, taut –
(unexpected eternity on a sunless afternoon)
– snapped
as I smile and remember how to breathe

miss.snw said...
Very Nice Job. Love it

countrygirl said...
it is amzing how you can take something as simple as that and make it into such beautiful imagry

aml1000 said...
Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:56 am
This poem is fab, so descriptive and the idea is incredible

kms777 said...
wow to be able to put that kinda moment into words is incredible. it reminds me of all the times ive stared off and suddenly snapped back. i hope you'll read some of mine and tell me what to wrok on so i can write more like you.

summer-baby said...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 11:47 am
this is so adorable!! What were youthinking when you wrote this?

***3Lli3*** said...
i love this.!!! Check out some of my work i hope u like it.! :) Please comment on my poems i would love to have any tips of any sort.. Check out my newest and latest ones :)

PoetLaureate07 said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 9:42 am
I dont get it.... help

simplyalone said...
beautiful...

sungirl109 said...
well its okay

Lanae said...
great job!!! =)

Poet_in_Motion This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I totally disagree with Redemption because this is a really, really fabulous poem and the imagery is great. And anyways, it's free-verse, so the lines can be of any length (that's why I love free-verse the best; so much freedom!). I think the flow is great and it paints a perfect picture in my mind.

bamboom212 said...
i also disagree with Redemption. The poem does flow and it's really good. One of the best I've read in a long while.

tigeress3 said...
Very inspired, loved the pillow metaphor!

BloodshotMoon said...
Wow, this is, I don't know what to say or what to rank it so i put okay because it stuned me at the way it effects the reader. I mean wow, great job. I would like to see more of your work. It is really nice.

~I Luv Tigers~ said...
I liked it but i dont quit understand it if i did i think it would be a really good poam

Cora W. said...
Your imagery is absolutely stunning! The knife in the pillow painted a perfect picture in my mind! Keep it up!

yael K. said...
Feb. 17, 2009 at 1:23 am
okay

GlobieRSquash said...
Feb. 15, 2009 at 1:56 am
I disagree with Redemption65 this peice does flow. It all depends on how you read it. Very nice job!

Paige said...
Truly stunning! One of the best poems I've seen on the site!

Redemption65 said...
Ummm....the poem did not flow. Writing was meant to flow from sentence to sentence and the words should mold together to form a perfect sculpture. But I am deeply apologetic because your poem lost all respect because of its jagged wording. The poem is adequate. You need flow.