My Mind | Teen Ink

My Mind

By AdamP BRONZE, East Lansing, Michigan
AdamP BRONZE, East Lansing, Michigan

I lay pondering on the misguided endeavors of this mind and heart, both oblivious but certain they beat. Bound by the coddled shape of my nature and teased by the impurities of this life, treading on the passing suns this soul floats forward. Angst coursed thick through these veins, leaving numb strings of emptiness and solidarity. These veins know not yet of what they thirst, pulsing on hope and hope along the glimmer of love. These eyes open upon vivant colors illuminated by light, but these eyes alone are deceived. These eyes can’t perceive what this mind has seen. This mind knows with vanquish of flame the light falls and colors once graceful and joyous sit shallow and wearisome. This heart grown strong through years of affliction, constricting compassion and throbbing of lust, once protected, this mind stood guard. This mind runs rampant, struggling to distinguish these passing colors while pulling this body behind. Facing the ventures ahead and blazing the demons behind this mind still live, assured as beginning to end this mind triumphs forward.