What's life when your living In fear

I force a smile on my face, I fake my happiness so no one will see the truth,if I smile I can't cry and you'll never relies I hate myself. I'm afraid of this world and what it will do to me I can't control it. On the outside I may look strong but on the inside I'm torn  into pieces, every little piece represents the past. All those moments I've felt alone. You don't understand how every single word you've ever said rings In my ear. I refuse to turn off my music; you hate it but you don know why. As soon as I turn the music off all I hear is my thoughts, they could eat me alive if I let them. I beg them to stop but there evil. All those nights with no sleep there's no stopping it this is who I am . But is it really who I need to be Or is it who I was? It's the simple things In life that scares me the most , but what is life when your living In fear?

ToPonJah This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:23 am
I really enjoy your writings Dreammer. I'd for you to know that they make a difference in my life.

Hello,Dreammer! I found your work. I enjoyed this. I agree that more feeling could have been surged through!

Angeleyes12 said...
Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:00 am
It was a good poem . One suggestion i have is change it from paragragh form into lines and stanzas. It helps a reader know when to pause and can have more impact. Keep up the good work and keep writing :) (can you read and check some of my work? Thanks!)

Dreammer said...
Apsolutly :)

julywinters1226 said...
well written.I can relate.if you could check out some of my work.(:

Dreammer replied...
Apsolutly :)

Chibi-Alexis said...
Nov. 15, 2011 at 7:47 am
Wow, this is exactly how I see things most of the time!  You are a really good writer!

MarieLouiseA said...
This is brilliant! its how i think of life, like most days im just putting on a mask of who everyone wants me to be :/ This is great! Keep it up!

redneck,girl said...
Nov. 10, 2011 at 6:39 am
i love it...that is exactly what i think everyday here....i cant wait to get out