The Day

I run through the door.
It’s finally the day!
I see them all around me.
The perfect gift...
I reach out...
And punch.
The emo’s notice in horror,
That today is June 6th.
They scatter,
But are too late.
. . .
People of all ages swarm around the emos.
They punch them and kick them,
They even curb stomp ’em.
It’s an all-out Beatdown.
National Emo Beatdown Day.
. . .
At the end of the day,
I return to my bed.
I’m finished with the hunt,
And as the pillow meets my head,
I hear in the distance,
The screams of emo’s.
The Day.
Awesome.

Queen_Via_of_the_Woodland_ElvesXD This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 26, 2012 at 10:59 am:

Aww, sad face. :( I no want to get beat up.... I beat THEM up... 'tis just the rules!!!!!!! XD

milforceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow. Gotta admit, this is one of the stranger poems I've read, but it was still really great. Although I felt bad, it kind of made me laugh, but it was really well written on top of that. Great job!

wilderose121 replied...
Dec. 2, 2011 at 2:42 pm :
wow. so I get to beat up emo's on June 6? cool! If I get detention though, i'm deferring to you. 5/roses!

ArchimedesWhiteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 6, 2011 at 12:48 pm :

Well, yes, a lot of people beat up emo's on june 6th. It all started 6-6-06.

If anyone knows someone born on that year, please tell me. They may either be the anti-emo (The prophet that shall lead us to the emo-lands for one final beatdown), or the emo-lord (They who shall fight the anti-emo, in one war of the ages).

Imagine it...

FML vs. MLIA

Yahoo vs. Google

Ninjas vs. Pirates

Twilight vs. Harry Potter

... The battle in itself would be one to... (more »)

BleedNLove replied...
Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:39 am :
Wow!! That is a very good, "did you know?" I will always remember that now because of this poem :)  

gothicrebelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 26, 2012 at 10:54 am :
i like it, but i will beat their assses down if they lay a finger on me for being emo!!!!!!!