Child Soldiers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Their eyes tell silent stories.
Stories that would shock even the darkest of hearts.
These eyes have seen worse than some could even dream of.
They’ve seen killing and death, and pain and suffering to extents that can be hard to imagine.
Eyes that should be learning how to read are instead being taught how to fight.
Emotionless eyes are being forced to kill in gruesome ways.
Eyes that seem to have run out of tears, because crying never helped.
Their sobs are unheard, their tears are unseen.
Children who are innocent are being ruined by men who see no hope in their government.
Men who are willing to take advantage of an irreplaceable innocence.
The eyes are deep brown.
A brown so deep you could get lost in it.
Eyes that catch attention for their beauty.
They silently tell of innocence lost and of silent tears cried.
These are the eyes of a child soldier.

tweedle dee said...
Dec. 30, 2008 at 1:37 am
this is so heartbreaking

CJ K. said...
Very powerful and insightful incredible description of feelings.I would like to read another like it

xXxrainbowsxXx said...
Dec. 9, 2008 at 2:52 am
This isso true and its just wonderus! I fell in love and cried literally with this poem. You truely have talent and i dont know you but i am proud to have read it. *applause*

kianapearl said...
Dec. 8, 2008 at 7:05 am
OMG!This has to be one of the best poems I've ever read...seriously.Keep writing(:

raydys replied...
It is such and inspiring poem to people who dont care about anything. After seeing and hearing what they go through you should be thankful of your life.

frog-prince replied...
Apr. 22, 2010 at 12:08 am
this poem was amazing great job 5 stars can you all please check out my poetry and let me know what you think? it would mean alot thanks =)

UnknownAuthor1995 replied...
The best poetry in my opinion is poetry that reveals the truth. Yours does just that and should open the eyes that say they are unaffected by the horrors of war. This could just as soon happen to us as it happened to them.