Child Soldiers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Their eyes tell silent stories.
Stories that would shock even the darkest of hearts.
These eyes have seen worse than some could even dream of.
They’ve seen killing and death, and pain and suffering to extents that can be hard to imagine.
Eyes that should be learning how to read are instead being taught how to fight.
Emotionless eyes are being forced to kill in gruesome ways.
Eyes that seem to have run out of tears, because crying never helped.
Their sobs are unheard, their tears are unseen.
Children who are innocent are being ruined by men who see no hope in their government.
Men who are willing to take advantage of an irreplaceable innocence.
The eyes are deep brown.
A brown so deep you could get lost in it.
Eyes that catch attention for their beauty.
They silently tell of innocence lost and of silent tears cried.
These are the eyes of a child soldier.

writer101 said...
oh my goodness! That was beautiful!

Uotani said...
very awesome poem, its discriptive and moving and true . . . wow is one word that can describe it . . . amazing is another . . . . . . . ..

roxamania96 said...
this is beautiful and moving. i love how you keep describing their eyes. its phenomenal

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 28, 2009 at 10:11 am
Such a sad, beautiful poem. I love that you wrote about this topic. It's a beautiful poem, keep writing.

legolas_elf said...
Oct. 28, 2009 at 7:19 am
I love this poem so much. It is really powerful and it captures the cruelty perfectly. If you guys could please read and comment on my poem. It is pretty recent and it's called I See. It's about the Jim Crow Laws. It's under the free write section so could you guys please post some comments on it?

EmilyOlive This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's perfect. It's beautiful and perfect and I feel that if I say too much I just won't do it any justice at all. This is marvelous. Oops. Still not QUITE the right word!

Stephaniere This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 6, 2009 at 1:01 am
This is beautiful, I can only dream of writing something this powerful.

sohardtoget said...
great poem
i disagree with everlastings words
very moving poem!

very well written

cross-i'd-leopard said...
Apr. 20, 2009 at 3:32 am
That was truly beautiful. The world needs fmore people with your train of thought. That was so true, it made me want to cry. I applaud you.

locked up in bca said...
i am locked up in bca your poem is pretty kool

Willow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
very powerful. so true.

melerzzz11 said...
Mar. 23, 2009 at 2:27 am
That is amazing. you are such a powerful writer! "The eyes are deep brown. A brown so deep you could get lost in it." That is such great imagery. I can see the children's eyes. Your an amazing writer. You have a great career ahead of you if you continue this great work.

Brittany A. said...
Mar. 1, 2009 at 7:15 am
this was amazing it sent the message loud and clear i really liked it your a very good writer

xjustlistenx said...
that was freaking amazing!!!!

horns_101 said...
WOW.dat was pwrful!!!

vampgirl1234 said...
wow. very depressing. but great! nice work. m/(*-*)\m

Mr. Happy said...
Can you add stories to your favorites or something. because I would add this to mine. it's extremely powerful. It's amazing.

Mr. Happy said...
This is one of the most amazing peices i've read. It is so true, and such a sad story, but it's true. very nice job.

EverlastingWords said...
Boring, bland, and depressing.

sunnysmile17 said...
Dec. 29, 2008 at 5:57 am
i really liked this poem. it was kinda depressing though. and i think it kinda read more like a writing piece instead of a poem. very deep perspective though. :)