Letter to You. | Teen Ink

Letter to You.

October 16, 2011
By Rebeccaswans SILVER, New York, New York
Rebeccaswans SILVER, New York, New York
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear anyone,
I know you won't read this. Out of all of the people in the world, and you see this somehow, well, that would be a miracle. You have been on my mind lately, and I don't know why. Would you mind leaving it though perhaps? I cannot seem to focus on anything else besides our memories. We both know what we had is over, and we will both find someone else who makes us happier. I can't seem to get you out of my mind. I see your face in everything and when I remember the times we had, I start to cry. I'm not sure why I'm crying though. Maybe because you hurt me, maybe because I miss you, maybe because I'm going insane. Anyways, I hope you have a good life. You were the best thing that has ever happened to me, even though you have no self confidence and you would argue otherwise. Even though you hurt me, you will always be a huge part of my life, and words can't describe how much I love you. You told me I could go far with my writings and my songs, but what you didn't realize how talented you yourself were. You are one of the most talented people I've ever met. Like i stated before, you would disagree with me, but you were. Do you want to know what the worst part of all of this is? I'm supposed to be with him. I'm supposed to be happy with him like he is with me. And the image of me and you keeps popping into my head randomly. So, could you please stop? You are making things very very difficult for me and I can't see clearly anymore. By the time you read this, I'll be gone. Maybe in the clouds, maybe here. Right here, exactly where you wanted me to be. Maybe I'll be famous, maybe I'll take my writings farther than I could've ever imagined. But one thing for sure I won't be is truly happy. I'm sure you will be though. You'll have found another girl, moved on, forgotten all about me. But i'll still cry every night that the distance broke us apart. I'm sorry I wasn't the one for you.
-rebecca