Why I Write | Teen Ink

Why I Write

By Imaginethisx24 SILVER, New York, New York
Imaginethisx24 SILVER, New York, New York

Be you, no one can do it better

I write because I do. There isnt a specific reaosn why, or how, or even when ... I just do. If your looking for a clear understanding as to why, you won't find one here.

I've been stuck between pages of reasons as to why the world is the way it is and Im done searching, Im ready to start creating. Creating my own story line, my own reasons why, but then again that isn't my reason for writing. I like the way it feels to write something down look at it and know that your thoughts are spilled on a paper and from one minute to the next it can be gone and never seen or remembered again. Writing is a passage way to another world only created by you. Not the person everyone sees while you walk down the street or take the train but that person buried inside, with many secrets to tell, many secrets to be kept and many that are yet to be discovered.

But that still isn't my reason for writing.

There have been so many times where my tears stain and wrinkle my paper and going back and seeing the residue of my pain there on that page put away between many more pages, reminds me that it wasn't the first and most certainly won't be the last. It reminds me that what I wrote is living proof , evidence that what happened was real, reassuring me that I'm not dreamin. The truthfully the pain that resided in my vains, in my heart, in my soul was real. That on paper and in my own thoughts I'm not crazy. Im not just someone else in the world looking for a place to be or grounds to stand on, becasue as far as I'm concerned Im here and Im standing. Writing that down reassures me that Im alive.

But thats not why I write.

I dont have a reason why I write I just do. Like math, you ask why and it just is. I am the way I am. I breathe because I can, and I when I cant I simply just wont. I walk forward because I strive to be better then anyone else and I write in perminate ink, leaving no room for mistakes. There are no such things as mistakes. I call them lessons. I write because my mind has something to say and theres no other way of letting it out without being offensive, so if your looking for a reason it's Honesty. I write because I cant tell the truth about you and I, or the world , I write because it allows me to not think out of the box but create it.

I write simply because I do.