I Will Be Remembered, Too.

I wanna be like Shakespeare, and I don't mean buried in the ground.
I want my poetry to be remembered, not abandoned in the lost and found.

I just don't want to be forgotten, I want to become a part of history.
Kind of like George Washington, but politics just aren't for me.

I want to cause explosions everywhere, I want to shake the world to it's core.
Just like an Atomic Bomb, but I'm not looking to start a war.

I want to be as brilliant as Einstein, but I won't use electricity to ignite sparks all around.
I'll fly into the sky and ignore Isaac Newton's Universal Law of Gravitation; I'll never come down.

Standing upon a cloud, I shall shout my words aloud; and people will become fascinated.
I'll become as famous as Martin Luther King Jr. still is, but I don't want to be assasinated.

But I will be remembered, too.
Someday, people will long to be like me.
I refuse to be forgotten.
I will write my name in permanent marker, in the book of history.

Wordweaver said...
Excellent writing on many levels...a goal of all writers, so profoundly expressed...really nice.

illosionist said...
Oct. 24, 2011 at 11:21 am
you stole the thoughts out of my head and made them into words! gah i love it and this is something that i've been trying to explain...wonderful

Shmelmo said...
Oct. 24, 2011 at 11:16 am

This is really good! I like that you came up with many different people but also stated a way you don't want to be like them...could you check out and comment some of my work please?? 

Please keep writing...I hope you do become known for your poetry -it's really good!

horsewriter4evr said...
I think a lot of people feel like this too. That's what makes this poem so great.

Ezzallenne replied...
Thanks :) Feel free to check out my other poems.

Lexie96 said...
I like this a lot and I think most people on this site will be able to relate to it; I know I did. Good luck and keep on writing. If you could check out some of my stuff that would be great.