Cold- Winter

The trees are whistling
The breeze is old
Fingers are numbing
As my heart is warm
Clear crystal droplets hitting the ground
Shattering into pieces
Making no sound
While white winter snow flacks frosting the trees
Forming a blanket
Trapping the heat

My nose as red as a cherry
Cold as a cube
Sneezing so violently
Going ah ah chew

I shivered and shake
Fighting the breeze
But nothing could work
Cause it was only below 34 degrees

so_joy said...
Great job! I enjoyed the figurative language, and it was very well-written. You are very talented. Please read, rate, and comment on my poems! It would mean a lot.

TraceDesecrateThroughReverance This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 31, 2012 at 10:05 am
Intereting take on a poem. As always, the imagery is good, and I also like the use of other poetic devices, like the alliteration in the line "While white winter snow flakes". Good job, Erin :)

Oct. 31, 2012 at 10:05 am

JaneCapelle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm giving feedback! :D I like this poem, just reading it made me feel everything about winter. All the imagery and similes and author's craft you used made it sound so pretty....5/5 =)

Erin M. said...
Oct. 15, 2011 at 11:18 am
lol there is some typo and spelling mistakes, i typed this kinda fast, i would love for some people to comment and give feed back, if you do then thx