Untitled

For once, my heart is at peace
I've signed the deal
It's over and done
I finally realized you weren't the one
Yes, you played a song on my heartstrings
Bittersweet and long
I, however, am strong
I won't say it wasn't fair
But I will say it was wrong
Never mind that, though
For I have moved on
I have been set free
From these chains of captivity
At last, I can look at you with a smile
That is sincere
I can now say we had our history
Our time
Our troubles
And now we're fine
That doesn't mean that we talk, though
Or that we're even friends
And I'm okay with that
For a while, I wasn't
I need to do what's best for me
And right now, that's not you
I don't know if it ever will be.

Kev-GirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:22 am:
This is very nice. I agree with the other comment, I can feel the sincerity in it. You are very talented, so keep it up. :)

BrightBurningCampeadorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very nice poem. I like the language and the flow. I can feel the sincerity in it. I especially like how common sense it is.

love2love17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 12, 2011 at 10:54 pm :
Aw, thank you! I love to write, and I pour myself into it. It is my outlet. It took me a while to get to this point. As of tomorrow, this incident happened two weeks ago.