Haunting Melody

I ran into the room. I could hear and see the haunting melody coming from the piano. The notes seemed to float off the page. They were spinning, dancing through my ears.

My sister left, the piano now silent. I climbed up onto the bench. She had left the music on the stand.

My small hands brushed the keys. They were black and white like an old photograph. Putting the music away, I started to play.

The melody I played was different, not what my sister played. This was a song from my heart, filling my soul. The music made my soul want to break free from it's bodily constraints.

As fast as the music came, it was gone. Lost in the mists of a mind overflowing with imagination.

Gone away. The music was gone. Until the next time my mind was set free, the slow haunting melody- disappered.

LifesIllusion said...
Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:50 am
Loved it! You made it flow perfectly with ease. The topic is peacful and you wrote with heart. Good job! 5/5 stars :) Now will you check out my poem called the friend wars? thanks!

Jappyalldayeveryday said...
Nov. 17, 2011 at 7:03 am
This is good, though I'd like there to be a bit more on how the narrator feels about his/her sister.

Danealle said...
This is what happens when i write sometimes and I think to a certain extent all artists can relate to this! Nice job :)

.Izzy.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love the short-and-sweetness of this. Being a musician, I found this to be a very cool perspective of music. I like this piece a lot. Keep writing!

MakennaD said...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 10:04 am
I hate how so much more talented you are then me!