Home Alone

Waste deep in dirty incandescent light
I cant even rub it out of my eyes
The silence is an insect symphony
Wrapping itself around my quiet mind

They call it silence;
I call it the sound of a fever
or a cloud,
screaming

leafy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:09 am
Another excellent poem from the wondrous PaigeStreet. But I have to disagree with jade, you aren't very good at poetry — you're amazing at it. Anyway, back to the poem. Short, but very sweet, and although I like the buzzing silence that comes with staying home alone, I understand where you're coming from. Very nice. 5/5

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

Haha. Cool :)

(I really hate that buzzing.)

Proof said...
Oct. 27, 2011 at 11:00 am
wow this is powerful, trapped in ur own mind a bright light of darkness surrounded by silence

RayBaytheDinosaur said...
hmm not completely understanding what its about but i like your imagery and the way it makes you wonder =)

StrangeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 19, 2011 at 8:40 am
Ha-ha! You said your poetry "isn't that good," and now I can prove you wrong! ;) I really do love this, actually. You're very god at choosing just the right words, and it's quite evocative.

StrangeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 19, 2011 at 8:41 am
And when I say you are "very god," I mean you're "very good." *facedesk*

Hehe. Very god. Thanks :) I appreciate that, especially from you. 

GigglyAmbar said...
Oct. 17, 2011 at 8:40 am
this is great, very short with depth! Love how you wrote " silence is an insect symphony". really good

thank you :)