I envy you

I feel the cold winter breeze bite at my cheeks as I walk the streets alone. Their words cut me deeper then they will ever know. Somehow I believe they don't even care. Another tear glides down my rosy red cheek as I whisper "I've had enough." I've shed too many tears today. I try to compose myself as I see someone coming my way. "She's beautiful," I mutter under my breath. Her stunning eyes spoke to me as they shined in the bright sunlight. They said I am beautiful and I am free. Her dark brown hair bounced and swayed in the cool winter breeze. And as her perfect scarlet red lips slowly shaped into a smile I knew she was the definition of beautiful. I waved to her. She waved to me. I envy you, I thought to myself. Why does she have to be so... I know this girl. I've seen her before. As she got closer I realized I was smiling to. She was now right in front of me. I saw every perfect feature on her face now. I glanced up and down from her dark brown hair to her boots in the snow. Even the way she carries herself is perfect. As I gazed at her smiling face I started to understand that this gorgeous girl I desired so is me.

Kvothe28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was nice. You do have a lot of detail, and the meaning is very thought provoking.

milforce said...
Great job! You pay very close attention to detail and it really shows in this piece. It's very beautiful and has a wonderful meaning to it. Awesome :)

Kev-Girl said...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 8:01 am
I like the way you told this, and how it's very detailed. It is very beautiful, and I like the meaning in it. Great job on this!

AlpsPuppy said...
Oct. 8, 2011 at 2:42 am
Amazingly well written. Most beautiful thing I have ever read. <3 <3 <3 :) 

Emiri replied...
Aw, I like it! Nice symbolism. Very nice detail.

AngelsLullaby replied...
Thank you so much!