Black on White, White on Black

Just look at me, I’m fading away
Striving to not fall into the depths of conformity
See my struggle, getting knocked back while the crowd pushes past
Obviously heading in the “proper” direction
Like the good little sheep society wants them to be
Does that make you happy? Does that make you proud?
You are just like the next, no better no worse
A stalemate in a cruel game of chess no one wants to play
Ebony, ivory, danger… checkmate!
Dancing in circle of black on white
And white on black
Until someone’s blood pools over the game board
She didn’t want to play anyways
The cruel result of eccentricity, originality
Look at me! Look at me! I am unusual
Beautiful, amazing!
Will you look at me?
You cannot notice through your black on white
And white on black
The world was made for one
As beautiful as you

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
A very wonderful piece, nicely written. Please write more. :)

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 19, 2011 at 4:03 pm :
Sorry, I posted that before I was done, don't know what I was thinking. But I'd also like to add that a reason I like it is because it references chess, and I'm a fan of the game. I know that may make me seam biased, but it is a very good piece with or without that comparison, though that part does make it so much better. :)

icefaerie10111This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 2:34 pm :
Thank you :D I love using metaphores and symbolism, it makes evrything so interesting.

Oct. 21, 2011 at 4:32 pm :
Yes, it does make it soooooo much better. I really liked it; another reason is because I can't use metaphors so easily and I'm not the best with comparing things this well, so when I see other people doing it it really stands out to me because it's not a very easy thing to do, and it really takes a good writer to be able to master it just perfectly. You did a fantastic job on it. :)