Miracle

don't speak
don't
speak

don't ruin the moment
the momentous fluid opening
the mouth of the horizon
yawning out
fire
life
light
spilling into the pooled shadows,
the corners of darkness,
the dregs of night
and
suddenly

sunrise.
and its day,
for our side of this little planet.

taylorbugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
WOW. This is fantastic! You took something as small as a sunrise, and wrote beautiful and meaningful lines to accompany it. WOW, this is truly great. My favorite part is how you personify the horizon into a yawning mouth. I find it ironic how you say the horizon is yawning, and it's daybreak. Random, sorry.   Great job, though!!! 5/5

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:41 am
Thank you so much :)
I don't know about you, but I often yawn when I wake up, lol. 
But thanks for your feedback!

leafy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:22 am
Lovely. I loved the lines "the corners of darkness/the dregs of night" – great word choice. In the last stanza, second line, do you mean "and it's day," though? If so, I think you should just go ahead and say "and it is day." Overall, another great poem 5/5

Kiki_McGee replied...
I agree. Other than the small punctuation error, great job! I also really like the line about the "dregs of night."

Good points! Thanks!