Goodbye | Teen Ink

Goodbye

By catnamedcat61 SILVER, Nederland, Texas
catnamedcat61 SILVER, Nederland, Texas

"For Attractive lips, speak words of kindness, For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people, For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry, For Beautiful hair, let a child run their fingers through it once a day, For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself and the other for helping others."
— Audrey Hepburn

Goodbye my friend.
I heard of your passing in a lightening storm; my own heart in unison with the thunder.
The rain hid my tears and washed away the evidence.
When you returned to the earth the heavens cried and my soul quaked of emptiness.
I never told you how much you meant; I doubt words could have expressed.
I hugged you yesterday I felt your heart beating with mine.
Your arms were strong and full of life and your eyes were on the horizon searching the future for your place.
I will forever remember our laughter and hope for tomorrow.
I know you are watching, when the sun is on my cheek I feel the Father's grace.
You are pure and innocent as snow now;peering down on this life with a halo of strength.
Never regret the things you will miss, because through me you will live. My children will be your children, my thoughts will be of you, and my prayers will keep you immortal.
At the end of time we will reunite, and I will rise to the clouds to sit next to you and watch eternity unfold before us.