Her Fault

She swears she loves me, she says its true but what kind of mother would watch their child’s life fade and not do anything. What hurts the most is knowing that she would have let me die, she would have watched. Don’t get me wrong I love my mother, but she broke me.

The weight she put on my shoulders, she watched as it crushed me. She watched my eyes lose all hope, watched all of my emotions disappear. She let the darkness swallow me and not once did she offer her hand.

Do you know what it’s like to slowly die? To feel that life you used to have just give up? Have you ever been completely defeated? How many times have you looked in the mirror and not be able to see some emotion in your face, in your eyes?

I can answer all of these questions. It hurts to slowly die; it hurts to feel completely defeated. For months every time I looked in the mirror the only thing I saw was a shell, I never seen any emotion because I just couldn’t feel. I literally had nothing left inside, I was empty.

smileyface96 said...
I know this has no relativity to your poem (which was splendid! ) but one of my older brothers is going threw this. but so severe. Rehabs, jails, and violence. He's 18. Ive actually got a poem up about it.But it made me see it in a different light. Of course over the past 3 years vie supported but recently Ive lost hope in his recovery. my other siblings including. (which i am the youngest,) I see my mom faltering as well. Im glad I read this, and thank you. :)

smileyface96 replied...
I meant your poem has made me see it in a new light. a better one with more hope I might add*