Black Heart

I once awoke to the shadow of a man standing before my bed. The insidious creature, an adulterated brute, stared upon me with large, black eyes. It only stood and watched, so I went back to sleep. It disappeared before the morrow. He came again the next night. And the night after that. But three days hence, I awoke to find it wasn't there. I looked throughout my bedroom, but I couldn't find him. I climbed back into bed, and snuggled close to the covers. My hand clutched something cold and clammy. I looked to my left and saw pearly, black eyes forcing a stolid gaze into mine, the creature's cold, black body slithering closer underneath the sheets. Its claws reached over and tore open my chest. It pulled out my heart and ate of it. I did nothing and watched as blood seeped out between its rotten teeth with each liquid bite. I waited until it was finished. "Was it good?" I asked.
"Twas acrid. But I ate it because it was your heart," Then it crawled away and didn't come back.

MooreAdele23 said...
That is good that people are able to get the personal loans moreover, this opens completely new opportunities.

eaglesphan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's super  creepy, but I kinda like it.  I'm not sure what it means though

alexandraacreel replied...
Oct. 2, 2011 at 12:31 pm :
Thanks. Well basically with most of my poems, there isn't one certain meaning. When you read it, you can interpret in into your own way. For example, some people may see the black creature as a feeling of depression and the emptiness they feel (the part when the creature tears open the chest and eats the heart). Some people may see it as just a scary nightmare they've had. In short, you can make it whatever you want. There is no 'one' meaning. You understand where I'm getting at? Hahah it's sort... (more »)

KarinaDavidyuk replied...
Oct. 2, 2011 at 7:11 pm :
ohh... i get it.... nice i thought it meant that the creature has death coming upon the women and comes day by day alerting her lol sorry for the wrong interpretation 

alexandraacreel replied...
Oct. 3, 2011 at 7:36 pm :
No, no. As I was saying before. It's your own personal interpretation! If that's the way you saw it, then that's the way you can think of it. My poems are there just to make the reader think and wonder what my goal was in writing, and what you (the reader) understood from it. If you saw it as death, then it's death! It doesn't matter what you get from it, as long as it makes you think and wonder what exactly is going on. Ya feel me?

Hideing said...
Pretty cool